You cannot underestimate the importance of your subscribers! Why? Because they form the backbone of your digital publishing success.
Let’s first differentiate a subscriber from a viewer. A regular viewer may read your content once and never come back. On the other hand, a subscriber is a returning reader who keeps coming back to your publications. He or she just loves your stuff that much. Unlike a casual visitor, subscribers are more engaged with your content and more likely to share it with their friends.
So why are subscribers more important than viewers? Here are a few good reasons:
- Subscribers help with exposure. More subscribers mean a greater chance your content will reach a wider audience and be read by more people. It’s like a ripple effect: your friends see your publication and share it on their own sites and then their friends do the same. It’s free advertising.
- Subscribers let you know that your hard work is paying off. Your subscribers are proof that people enjoy your content and that you’re doing a great job. Never forget that!
For many publishers in the industry today, subscribers are the most important indication of measuring their businesses’ success, much like Instagram and Twitter followers.
If you’re wondering how to build your subscription base, here are a few quick tips:
- Enable free mandatory subscriptions: Requiring readers to subscribe to your content is an easy way to increase your readership.
- Create custom subscription forms: Customizing your subscription forms lets you control what kind of information you get from your readers.
- Embed your publication on your website/social media: Sharing your publications directly on your website or social media channels ensures that your publications are getting maximum exposure to readers.
Still not convinced? Then check out Insight Magazine— one of our favorite clients who we setup a custom subscription form for!
For more information on managing your subscribers, check out Joomag’s Awesome CRM Features.