To a lot of publishers, digital ads play an integral role in their overall content strategies. Ads present opportunities for reaching wider audiences, increasing brand awareness, and growing revenue. If all these sound good to you, then read on!
First, let’s look at why advertisers are focusing their efforts less on print and more on digital publications:
Benefits of Digital Ads
- Digital ads are convenient and can take readers to an advertiser’s site with a click of a button. Contrarily, with print ads, people usually tell themselves that they’ll check out the product later on, but never do. Don’t worry; we’ve all done it.
- Targeted advertising, which focuses specifically on the traits and preferences of consumers, is much easier to do with online ads. Thanks to tracking analytics, advertisers can easily gather info relating to consumer preferences and then use it to target specific demographics. This data-driven approach is dynamic and informative.
- Digital ads can incorporate interactive elements like video and galleries to further engage consumers. On the other hand, traditional ads feature static imagery which can’t say much in the space they’re allotted.
But what do all these points mean to you? Overall, digital ads are far more effective than traditional ones and have outpaced them in many regards since 2008. If you choose to include ads in your digital publications, you should:
- Ensure that they make sense, match your subject matter, and are not totally random.
- Ensure that your ad’s CTAs (call-to-action) are clear and visible. You can even reward consumers for clicking them, like providing a discount in exchange for any contact info they enter.
- Ensure that you have a catchy headline, a single powerful image, and precise wording (the less the better).
- Ensure that your ads can be tracked and tested so you know which ones to invest more in.
If done right, ads can absolutely boost your publications’ success. Use these tips to maximize their effectiveness and leave a positive impression with your readers!